Wednesday, January 21, 2009

 
FIRSTS.

Our first black President. My first President who is younger than I am (now THAT feels strange!) The first inauguration I have seen live (on TV) in decades. Words are words and actions are actions, but while I did not vote for President Obama, and I have certain fears, I must admit that the actions I have seen and the words I have heard are more encouraging than I had expected. I will continue to "pray for them who have the rule over" me, and trust the God who has the heart of the king in His hands. "The just shall live by his faith" as the Lord told Habakkuk, and what that prophet faced was far greater than what we can imagine in our own future.

Comments:
My thoughts exactly. I also have had a somewhat improved impression of President Obama over the past month. Time will tell... However, I was shocked to watch the swearing in and realized that our Chief Justice has a reading problem. The world was watching the historic event and they were stumbling over words!!!??? I bet that I know a second grade teacher who could help him learn to read less than 40 words as they appear on the paper! Do they have a 'no Justice left behind' program?
 
I also was encouraged. Leo and Carmen were in DC watching the inaugural on the lawn.
I will pray also. I've enjoyed watching the history channel on the presidents this week. What a history we have as American's.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?