Thursday, June 28, 2007

 



The earlier mention of the need to finish the stink pipe for our plumbing project has now been completed. The inside part was dirty but not too bad, but climbing onto the roof (12-12 pitch--that's a 45 degree angle) is no easy chore. Going up is hard, but going down is impossible, unless safety is not a concern (but it is!) You can see this is a high roof, and steep. I rigged up a rope from my tool belt that was attached to a garden hose which I looped around the chimney. I could then use the hose as a hand-hold, and it was long enough to hold to all the way back to the ladder (since my only rope is too short to do the job). That way, with some confidence I could install the roof boot around the new pipe.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?